Saturday, July 1, 2017 1:38 PM
Picking has Ended- Usual start date: about July 15
Blackberries are usually ripe Mid July through early August. Regular Blackberry pickers have come to appreciate our thornless plants.
2015 prices- Current year to be announced when picking starts
2 quart ‘MiniBasket’
- 1-4 Mini baskets.... $12.00 each
- 5-10 Mini Baskets.. $10.50 each
- >10 Mini baskets .... $8.00 each
- holds approx. 3 lbs. of berries and is the minimum purchase for up to two people*.
4 quart ‘Regular Picking Basket’,
- 1-2 Regular baskets… $20.00 each
- 3-5 Regular Baskets.. $17.00 each
- >5 Regular baskets.... $16.00 each
- holds approx. 6 lbs. and is the minimum purchase for groups of three or more. Pickers can opt to buy two MiniBaskets instead of one regular basket as the combination will hold the same.
All pricing and availability subject to change without notice. Check information posted in farm market before picking.
Pick the dark blackberries that come off the cane very easily. If you have to pull hard or there is some red on a blackberry, it is not ripe yet.
Store covered in the refrigerator. Blackberries are very delicate, and should be eaten quickly.
There are only 62 calories in a one cup serving of blackberries. They are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese.