September & October Apples and Pumpkins
Buy your apple bags then we'll give you a ride on our open air shuttle to the best picking. Click here for Apple price.
Apple Picking open Mon-Sat 9-5 Sunday 10-5
Pumpkin Picking open DAILY. For Pumpkins there is a pre paid non refundable $6.00 field access charge for every 2 adults. (It can be applied to purchase of a pumpkin- think of it as pre paying for your first medium size pumpkin) Pumpkin Picking now available daily!
Apples we grow:
Each variety is usually available on the tree to pick for about two weeks. Here are expected 2017 start dates* for favorite Apple varieties. The following dates will include apples from prior week if available
July 3- Lodi
August 10 - Summer Rambo,
August 12- Ginger Gold
September 2 - Gala, HoneyCrisp,
September 9 - MacIntosh, Jonathan, Smokehouse
September 16- first weekend of Fall Harvest Events
September 16 - Cortland, Gold Delicious, Early Fuji, Jonagold
September 23 - Macoun, Empire
September 23 - Pumpkin picking starts,
September 30 - Red Delicious, Stayman, Mutsu,
October 7 - Rome
October 14 - Fuji, Granny Smith, Ida Red
October 28 - PinkLady, Gold Rush
Nov 4 - Fall Food and Craft Beer
• instore week or so after start picking.
New Winesap trees should produce for 2018- However there will not be any to pick this year.
The dates listed here are a mix of when crops are available in our Farm Market and when they might be available to pick. We offer all our crops already picked for you in our Farm Market. Quantity discounts are often available.
Rhubarb mid May to mid June -finished for 2017
• Strawberries- May 24- Best picking early to mid June.
• Sweet Cherries Mid June-Not for picking 2017
• Sour (Pie) Cherries Estimated start June 21 2017- should be good picking, bring a step ladder.
• Black Raspberries LateJune to early July - Estimated Start- June 28
• Red Raspberries LateJune to through July - Estimated Start- June 28
• Blueberries- Most of July- Estimated Start- June 28
• Apricots - Early- mid July- None For 2017
• Lodi Apples- great for apple sauce- mid July don’t need a ladder, grown on dwarf trellis trees - 2017 Estimated Start- July 3
• Peaches - Start Mid July through August . *Look for freestone in August Peaches 2017 Estimated Start- July 3
• Sweet Corn - late July - early August- in our Farm Market now.
• Blackberries Late July, much of August - Estimated Start- July 17
• Plums - mid July - no 2017 crop
August is Peach Month
• Nectarines - about Aug 12
• White and Yellow Peaches - most of August- Great!
• Summer apples (Rambo, Ginger Gold, Honey Crisp)
Pears - late August
Apples! Jonathan, Smokehouse, McIntosh, Gala, Honey Crip, Jonagold, Golden Delicous, Courtland, Sun Fuji, Empire, Macoun, Mutsu, Stayman and Red Delicious
Apples! Rome, Granny Smith, Fuji, Pink Lady, Gold Rush, Winesap and Ida Red