Pick Your Own Blackberries
Pick your own provides a fun experience! Picking your own provides the freshest, healthiest choice of fruits and veggies grown here at Highland Orchards. All of our PYO produce is available pre-picked in our market.
Now picking Blackberries, Tuesday – Sunday 9am-3pm weather permitting.
Make a reservation and pay online for a contactless experience. When you arrive at Highland Orchards, park in a Curbside Parking space and give us a call. We’ll bring your picking containers and give you directions to the fields.
- Mini baskets…. $18.00 each. This basket holds approx. 3 lbs. of berries and is the minimum purchase for up to two people*.
- Blackberries are usually ripe Mid July through early August. Regular Blackberry pickers have come to appreciate our thornless plants.
- All pricing and availability subject to change without notice. Check information posted in farm market before picking.
- * If our customers choose not to pick the minimum picking requirement then they have to purchase a $5.00 field access fee to enter our fields. No picking or eating is permitted or included with the access fee.
Tips & Technique
- Pick the dark blackberries that come off the cane very easily. If you have to pull hard or there is some red on a blackberry, it is not ripe yet.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. Blackberries are very delicate, and should be eaten quickly.
Upon arrival please come into the Farm Market to prepay for fruit and picking containers (type of container depends on the crop). We will ask you how many adults and how many children ages 2-10 are in your group.
We will use this information to give you the appropriate number of tokens and meet minimum purchase requirements. Let us know if you have more than 15 people in your group so we can make special arrangements for you.
- Prepay for fruit and picking containers.
- Picking is only allowed using our containers.
- We provide a discount for reuse of our baskets.
- Mini baskets hold about 3lbs of berries.
- Regular basket hold about 6 lbs of berries.
- Pickers ride the shuttle or are directed to the fields.
- Read and follow instruction on our signs.
- Pick in designated areas only.
- There is a minimum picking requirement based on the n umber of people in your group.
- Give your token to our shuttle driver.
- Wash your hands and fruit before eating.
- No pets allowed on the shuttle, in the field or in the farm market.