Pick Your Own Sweet Corn
- The Smaller 1/2 Peck bag will hold 10-12 ears of corn and is the minimum picking requirement.
- 1/2 Peck bag…. $5
- 1/2 Bushel bag…. $10
Tips & Techniques
Look for the “Fat” and Biggest Ears to pick. They will have the darkest silk or hair. Grab the ear & ‘Snap’ it down. It will break from the stalk without breaking the stalk.
If you are going to use your sweet corn as soon as you get home you are encouraged to husk the corn right in the field. Do not husk if you want to hold corn for a couple days.
The preferred cooking method: after husking, boil the corn in a small amount of water for no more than 4 minutes.
- Prepay for fruit and picking containers.
- Picking is only allowed using our containers.
- Registered pickers ride the shuttle and are directed to the fields.
- Read and follow instruction on our signs.
- Pick in designated areas only.
- Wash your hands and fruit before eating.
- No pets allowed on the shuttle, in the field or in the farm market.